Sunday, November 05, 2006

So Much Negativity...

How do you know you have "arrived" on blog-scene? The conventional way is when your stat-counter ticks like clock, and/or you break into first 1000 in Blogstreet or other directories...
On the other hand, more than usually, you know it when (at least for female bloggers), you start getting spam comments (you know the kind I mean) on your blog.

Similarly, how do you know you are making some difference on wikipedia? Conventional way is when you get "barnstars" and/or pats on the back by administrators and fellow contributors.
On the other hand, more often than not, your contribution reflects in the number of time your user page is vandalised.

Is it just me, or is the whole world giving out negative vibes?

Yes, you guessed right, my user page on wikipedia was vandalised for the first time today.

6 comments:

SeePearrl said...

shows soem marathi script ???

Amey said...

@White Forest: Marathi script at "Barnstar" link? Yes, that is my user page on marathi wikipedia, and I am showing off that I got a barnstar :D

@Iyer sir: Some good patroller like me reverted back the changes to original state, and gave the supari too (the person is reported for vandalism, and his IP may be blocked for some time) ;)

Cuckoo said...

Heyy you never told me about your these "creations". Excellent!! I am so happy. :))) Since when you started all this?

Now marathi will become much more easy for me. Always wanted to write local languages in their own script but never had time to explore. You showed me the short-cut. Thanks very much. :))
Couldn't see anything vandalized. How you came to know of it?

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: This is one more stop in my "procrastination drive" ;)
Yes, there are some good tips about writing in devnagri lipi there. And I saw that somebody had modified the page, and some good person reverted back the vandalism, so it is back to normal now.

@Nikichan: Thanks :)

SiD said...

ohh!! didnt get a chance to see the vandalized script.
but u shud be happy - you have caught attention of some one ;)

Amey said...

@Sid: Badnam hue to kya hua? hmm...