Friday, November 10, 2006

God Is Not Exactly In Heaven, But Definitely Somewhere Very Close

What is the difference between a comedian and a great comedian? Picture a comedian doing a drunken scene (any person in hindi movies will do for this) and all the gestures, drunken laughs he does. Now picture all that coming in one line which is delivered in a single breath without pulling any faces or voices, "Ironically, I'm the one who's high as a paper kite right now. But legitimately. I had back surgery on Tuesday. L-5/S-1, if that means anything to you. Stop talking now? You bet." Great comedians can deliver lines which can floor you, with dead face...

If I had not had the traumatic experience of an exam today, I would be laughing and singing. God is not exactly in heaven, not all is well with the world, but some things are definitely going fine here...

If Matthew Perry's first line in any show is "I am on some medication right now, which I guess makes me not know where the chairs are" which comes after he falls down trying to sit on a chair, and if you have watched even one episode of Friends ever, you are sure to continue watching...

Connection between these three paragraphs? Got my hands on first 7 episodes of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" the day before yesterday, and have watched them at least twice after that. A great show, Perry is great as usual, though he is Matt here, not Chandler. Of course, the show is "drama" not "comedy", but then that guy can pull jokes from thin air, and make them stand. Apparently the show was going to be cancelled due to fall in viewership, but yesterday I heard it is going to continue (which is the reason for second para). Hope it gets the viewership it deserves and goes on beyond promised (till now) first season.



And from what I have seen till now, this is one strong contender for "Amye Awards". One more thing to watch for every week from now on.



P.S. My idea for the reality show in last post comes from hearing about reality shows in Studio 60 just before going to sleep...

5 comments:

Cuckoo said...

:(((((((
I wanted more of it. Pls do something, ye Dil Maange More..
How big are the strips? Is it available somewhere?

Keshi said...

I love 'Friends' and Mat Perry!

Hows ur weekend going Fleiger?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Check out youtube and search for Studio 60. There are a lot of promos, trailers and one-two clips there. If you want episodes, they are around 150-200MB each.

@Keshi: Anybody who watches Friends should love Mat Perry, he is great, right?
Weekend just started. Let's see how it goes... Hows yours?

Keshi said...

na I started liking Mat from the movie Fools Rush In....have u seen it?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Going to check it out on this weekend then :)