Sunday, November 26, 2006

Random Things III

Back from Chicago, and school is scheduled to start tomorrow (does it have to?) So, now that I am trying to get ready for school tomorrow, I am also thinking that this blog which was started to put background posts and small posts is getting more and more posts about online news sites. Anyways, this is one more post in the series.

  • In last few days, the Today's Highlight on Indiatimes site was "Partying finally takes its toll on Paris". I don't know how they choose the highlight, but my first thought after reading the headline was, this is "India"times right?
  • Nothing problematic with this news, nor headline. In fact, this is one of the best double-meaning headlines I have ever heard (Yes, I do give credit where it is due). But I am wondering whether they meant Chinese or Hindi/Urdu or English when they wrote the piece? Given it is chinese president, I am pretty much sure it would be chinese.

2 comments:

Cuckoo said...

LOLLLLL, I am first again !

I don't know how you always find double meanings in such news. Fleiger, you have amazing talent. DO you genuinely look for them ? :P Or has it become a habit now?
Keep us informed about these news.

Well for me, In 1st news, the moment I saw Paris's pic, I knew what it would be and 2nd news, w/o even clicking the link, I knew what it would be.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: That is a habit I have cultivated after years and years of patient reading between the lines and...
Sorry, cold not go on. Did I have you there?
Some news just poke you (as in first case) or tickle you (second bullet) I guess...