Tuesday, November 28, 2006

(Better) Halfs???

Frankly, the word "Brangelina" reminds me more of Brandywine river than a celebrity couple. And now, we have one more in the line, "Abhiwariya". I am pretty sure that is as much a word as "Brangelina", which means I am pretty much sure that is not a word in any language known in this universe (I am not so sure about multiverse though). Did anybody remember newspaper headlines for "Amijaya" or "Dharmamalini"? I strongly doubt (but I think it looks even more stupid if the latter name is one or two syllables only).

Also, if we follow standard procedures of marriage, shouldn't it be "Aishshek" (or Aishek)? I mean, normally the bride takes the name of her husband, right? It does not happen other way round, right?

Which leads me to think that this might be a ploy of feminists to reverse the norms in order to gain "equality". If that is so, I implore those who came up with the idea to please consider how stupid it looks, and to focus on some other aspect of life to gain their ends.

7 comments:

Keshi said...

LOL @Abhiwariya!

and Tomkat etc. GoshhhIm so bored of em all!

how have u been?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Tomkat, yes I had forgotten that. But then, in my mind Tomcat is one of the deadliest adverseries you would meet in Flanker. ;)
I was kind of missing in action, now I am back (hopefully)

SiD said...

Tomcat - a software engg has an entirely diff perspective of it :)

i dont know what will happen to aish and abhishek... but got a fwd yesterday...

newspaper headlines on 1/1/2020:

dhoni weds ash and salman, vivek and abhishek attend the wedding...

so what will be it for them..
doshi (the hindi one)...

Cuckoo said...

might be a ploy of feminists to reverse the norms in order to gain "equality".. You think too much. :)

LOLLL on the other hand, I was just wondering what would be .... :D

Amey said...

@Sid: That won't go too far I guess, they will start having fights on who uses shampoo and then before you know, the things will go divorce way...

@Cuckoo: What were you wondering? And hardcore feminists may come up with something like this, just wait and see...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Brad & Angelina’s baby Shiloh yesterday! She had her birthday cake in Cannes. Here’s something fun about Shiloh… an astrology reading on video that predicts who her future husband will be and when she’ll get married. www.flownetworkproductions.com/shilohjoliepitt.htm.

I predict that the bad boyfriend at 18 will be Michael Joseph Consuelos (Kelly Ripa’s son), and that the good husband at age 28 will be Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr. (Michael Jackson’s son). I figure by that time Mike Jr. will have had enough therapy that he will make a good husband. Both of these guys are ten years older than Shiloh. (When you watch the video, this will make more sense.) What does everyone else think?

Navendu said...

Great Post Friend! I always love to read your post