Thursday, November 30, 2006

Someone Pinch Me...

Taking Munnabhai's prescription seriously, the state education board has made it mandatory for government school students to begin their day with a "jaadu ki jhappi" for keeping stress at bay.


Please tell me this is not an Onion news item. I hope it is not. I am sure a good hug is the only solution to relieving the stress induced in schools. I mean, too much weight in the sac? Hug your friend. Got an exam coming up which "decides your future"? Hug your study group. It's so easy, I wonder why nobody thought of it before Munnabhai. But then, nobody thought of "Gandhigiri" before him. Now I know why education system in US or Europe is such highly appreciated. I mean, you can see hugging couples everywhere you go (even kissing).

I was going to suggest that this measure be included in colleges too, (I am sure it will work wonders in colleges, least of which is increasing the attendance in colleges), when I read this line

And to ensure that a hug doesn't lead to any problems, the board has also recommended that hugs will be exchanged only between same genders.


That line puts a huge damper on my plans for educational reforms in India.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

/me starts typing:
"what a great idea! why dint they do this earlier? there were couple of cute girls in my class.."

/me goes ahead with reading the post and reads something about same gender.

/me hits backspace and keep on hitting it.

/me finally types"
"never mind"

SiD said...

first of all, the moment I saw this i knew I had to give you the link
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/no-kidding-toddlers-accused-of-rape/27454-3.html

hmm.... jhaaduki jhappi.. well i agree with your point of view of encouraging it even in colleges...
but do u think it will happen between opp. sex... ??

SiD said...

guess the link didnt come in the previous post
Link

Amey said...

@Figo: I know, my first thought after reading the headline was that this should be done in colleges (our school was boys only). Then I read the para, and thought, "never mind".

@Sid: That link is hilarious in the way person slipping on banana skin and breaking his skull is hilarious. Do people even think before doing something like this?

Cuckoo said...

Once again, hillarious post.

But yeah, have to agree with you. It would have done wonders to boys. ;)

Ha Ha.. but then think abt the link. Where it would have reached !
A 3-month old has already been accused of looting a bus.
Enjoyed the post. :P

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Yes, my first thought was all good things are happening in schools now that we are out of there, before reading the line which took all fun out of it :(
Yes, till now I had only heard that the law does not think of logic.