Sunday, November 12, 2006

There's A Party Tonight...

Some people drink on Friday nights, some people have party on Saturday nights, and apparently, some Gods drink on Sunday nights...

When I read that news, these are the thoughts which came into my mind (in the order of appearance):


  1. Finally, somebody is getting things historically correct in our country (after all, what is culture but things done historically). Believe me when I say that I have read Mahabharat, Ramayan in (almost) entirety, and there are many instances where gods drink varuni (also called somaras). Even in case of yadna-yaag, somaras was a part of offering apparently (which is why I always thought Gods drinking milk was crazy)

  2. Why english liquor? It has to be against our culture.

  3. But, isn't Sunday night a bad choice? I mean, drink on Friday and Saturday and you at least have a day to recover from hangover. I wouldn't want that to add to other Monday morning blues.

  4. But then, God doesn't have to wake up and go to office on Monday morning, and he definitely does not have a class at 8:30 am on Monday.

  5. Which explains why some people have bad Mondays. I mean, when the God is having cranky time, there is not much your guardian angel can do, right?

7 comments:

Keshi said...

Alot of atheists will start believing in God now..LOL!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Aah... The miracles of the modern world ;)

Cuckoo said...

You are so funny Fleiger. :))))
Must appreciate your ideas though I also get sometimes but can't post them ;)

Agree with you for monday morning classes *sob* *sob*.. I prefer to get drunk on fridays & saturdays ;)

SiD said...

wow!!
that's some news..:)

Gods drinking in the dry state...This is a good case for all the 'daaru' lovers to make their point.. when god can drink that means he wants his followers to .. well. follow him...

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: You "prefer" to get drunk? Now that's a news...

@Sid: Yes... after all, we should do what God does, right? ;)

@Nikichan: Preparation for monday morning blues? :D

Cuckoo said...

*wink* *wink*

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Something new about cuckoo...