Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What makes an Office?

An almost incompetent boss who can easily hurt just about anybody unknowingly? A hot receptionist? A fun guy, who has (not so) secret crush on the receptionist? A guy who likes power, though he has none? A stuck up person or a dull person?

If you answered any of these questions with "Yes", read ahead...

I have found one more contender for Amye awards over the last few days. The Office is a mocumentary, where the camera follows people in a paper company. The series currently aired in US (the US version) is based on a 12 part series originally aired on BBC by the same name.

Now, I know I am in minority, but I believe US series (call it watered down or anything, but) has more moments of fun and drama than original UK series, which is much more serious. See for yourself the UK version:


and the US version:


Of course, it also helps that Pam Beesley is much cuter (not to mention hotter) than Dawn Tinsley (the actress is currently working in "Studio 60").

8 comments:

Keshi said...

**An almost incompetent boss who can easily hurt just about anybody unknowingly?

Not in my office


**A hot receptionist?

Nope.


**A fun guy, who has (not so) secret crush on the receptionist?

Nope.


**A guy who likes power, though he has none?

No one!


**A stuck up person or a dull person?

No one!


So I cant contest :(


Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Really, your office has not one of these? You have an ideal office ma'm, don't ever think of leaving it is my advise.
BTW, I forgot adding one more thing, "a general air of procrastination and/or majority of people not planning to do work in near future?"

alosh said...

Man, you are right! Pam Beesly is definitely cuter than Dawn Tisnley.

About the office, yeah i know one such place :-)

Keshi said...

I work for an IT firm where every single one of us r equal in status and where no one bitched abt anyone else. Quite a class of it's own and hell na I will never leave this place..cos it's a very good place to work at considering the places some of my friends work at - total chaos and alot of back-stabbin n all that drama!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Figo: Any doubts? She is...

@Keshi: Two things - 1. You are writing this at office 2. Hoping I am wrong on first point, do tell me where you work and do they have any vacancies?
Not that my office was like this, but I too know some stereotypes from my friends' tales...

Keshi said...

LOL thats confidential info mate!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Send me a mail, it looks like one place I will be happy working for. :)

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Back after a long time... Yes, US version is more to my liking.