Sunday, January 14, 2007

Someone Pinch Me Part Zwei

And somebody else punch the Indian school authorities for me for coming up with good ideas too late, if this suggestion goes through.

When coupled with the first part of "Somebody Pinch Me", I am pretty sure people will not blame me for saying things (at the expense of sounding like a senior citizen) like,"The times they are a-changin'", "you today's school-kids are lucky, you got everything" and maybe, "are they making plans for practicals too?".

I remember when we used to have S-Ed class in our school days (I think we had 2 classes for 35 min each when we were in 9th and 10th std). Those were the classes when you dropped your eraser, pencil, pen (or sometimes even entire compass-box if needed) and disappeared below the bench to giggle in silence. I don't remember anything more I learnt from those classes. But my defective memory from those times forces me to ask whether 70 min is enough to teach the entire book properly.

But in all fairness, we must congratulate Indian authorities for doing something which even in UK is considered risque.

My favourite line from the what-do-you-call-it? "Children in US and Europe are over-exposed to s**-related crimes and s**, so we should teach Indian children about it." Apparently, that's what global perspective means.

Sigh... Good things always happen to other people...

6 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha.. truly your kind of post !!

disappeared below the bench to giggle in silence... We didn't have to do anything like that. We were shown a video in a dark room.

Now don't ask me whether I was in co-ed school or not. Will embarrass me. ;)

Sigh... Good things always happen to other people... ROFL. Yeah, agreed.

Keshi said...

I rem our first day on S-Ed...my friend who was seated next to me fainted as they put up a slide of a totally naked male LOL! She really fainted and we had to take her to the sick room.

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: We were in all boys' school. Double the embarrassment :(
We had lessons in the classroom. No dark-rooms for us.

@Keshi: She fainted? Why? Is it that deadly to look at? :o

SiD said...

Sigh... Good things always happen to other people... very true hahaha..

u r talking abt S.Ed.. we had these giggle sessions even while studying biology - Life Process II..
now when u think of it, it seems how stupid were we.. but i guess it is the age...
but this KS thing may have some side effects too... once in our school two children were found lip locked.. after this who knows what MAY happen...

Keshi said...

LOL mebbe for her ;-)

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Sid: Oh yes, Bio class! We had our "kicks" by telling our friend he had every single disease we had in our book.
And it seems people think teaching KS will help avoid SMS scandals and all. Logic escapes me...

@Keshi: This is first time I have heard somebody so shocked by future. (And a small voice in mind is crying "mirror", can you tell it to be quiet?)