Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bollywood Bites I


  • A warning for all guys in India: Buckle up and keep your pants on. And tell me when Ms. Sherawat is planning her next US trip, so that I can ensure I am way away from her (or everybody else is way away from us, either works). The image is my head right now is Mallika Sherawat roaming around in her car on the streets of Mumbai and jumping out to strip a guy when she sees one.
    Ms. Sherawat is being sued because she appeared in an televised event in obscene clothes. The television company is not sued because they were just showing the event. Apparently, she walked out of the event because the show was televised without telling her. I have officially lost my head thinking whether this is circular logic or circular irony. (If found, please leave a comment etc etc as Dan Rydell would say)

  • I feel like I have just hibernated for some 40 years, and woke up in 2047. Let's celebrate the 100th anniversary of our freedom!!!
    Also, apparently Small B (or whatever he is called now) has not overshadowed Aish in the movie. Now, I am all for watching Aish onscreen, but if this comment is about acting, I can see some alarm bells ringing...

3 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Ohh I read that in newspapers & saw the picture as well. She was wearing a full dress. People like Vinod Jain just want some publicity. I hope she runs only after him :P

BTW, her reason for walking out of the show was different. Before the show, she was told that a 10 second clip was going to be televised, when on stage she saw a full programme being captured, she walked off saying she's not been paid for that. That's what appeared on newspapers.
Who knows this may also be incorrect. ;)

SiD said...

sahi mein.. she was in full dress while on stage.. and what does it mean by stripping a man on the show - removing a shirt and that too man's - god knows what is obscene in that.. it is regular in advertisements and the news channels also showed nude sadhus taking bath in ganga.. what abt that.. ask Mr. Vinod to sue them.. but no he will not..that is religious you see... hypocrites

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: I know... that's what I said. She walked off stage because she didn't know whole prog is televised, and she is prosecuted because "every channel" carried her program.

@Sid: Apperently, she pulled down a male performer's pants on stage because he had done the same to a female performer earler (which was not televised).

@Nikichan: I agree nikichan. I would not want my children to watch that show until they are at least in their late teens. But then, I will change the channel, not go appear in a case.
It would have been phenomenal if every single channel in India carried the same prog at the same time. ;)