Saturday, January 27, 2007

To Paraphrase The Bard...

(Note for feminists: Please read completely before burning my effigy or your ****.)


It is The Eve of The Century, the eve of the day everyone was waiting for. Little B (I still don't know what kind of "B" he is called) is going to get married the next day, and everybody, including the media (ok, especially the media) is going mad with the Abhiwariya stories. The marriage preparations are in their last stages, when Little B bursts into his father's room with a worried face. Before anybody can tell him that it is natural to feel worried before M-Day, he takes his father apart from others and imparts a shocking news.

"Mom wants me to change Aishwarya's name in the marriage tomorrow or you will have to change mom's name", he tells the surprised father-in-law-to-be. Puzzled on this last minute request, the whole family rushes to M-in-L-t-b's room. "I can understand the first part, what with the tradition and all", Big B booms, "but why do you want to change your name?"

"I don't want to be an odd-woman-out in the family full of AB's," sniffs dulhe ki maa.



- For I am The Great Eagle...


S.P. 1. This is the last time you will read about this piece on news on my blog, I promise.
2. This is the last time you will read the name "Abhiwa..." on my blog, except in a joke like this, I promise.
3. Please note that I have made no "last time" promises about bad jokes...

8 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Hmmmm..

Please note that I have made no "last time" promises about bad jokes... This is the true part of this news. :))

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Hey, all my promises are true... and this is not a news, it is an original joke. Next thing you will call movies page on Indiatimes as news...

@Nikichan: Don't worry, as I said, there will be jokes galore as and when I think of them :D

Keshi said...

is this for real?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Ghostess: Don't worry. It's just an original joke at this moment. I won't make any promises about future though ;)

Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha.....

Can't believe you can be so funny. ;)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Can't believe it even after reading my blog for last so many months? You do read it, don't you?

SiD said...

hahahahaa... that was good... reallly good!!!

Amey said...

@Sid: Thanks... finally one person who believes I can be funny :)