Saturday, September 09, 2006

Recipie( and a r)ant

Ever wondered what to do with the coffee remaining near the bottom of the pot, when it is a bit too less to drink with cream and sugar, and a bit too much to drink just like that before going to bed? Here's a recipie for you:

Coffee-Icecream

Ingredients: The irritatingly small amount of coffee, chocolate ice-cream

1. Take some chocolate icecream (vanilla might also work) in a bowl.
2. Pour the coffee over it, making sure you pour it uniformly over the ice-cream. (just for the heck of it)
3. Enjoy...



And while you are enjoying this, just ponder on why people send forwards? I mean, I enjoy good jokes/ good forwards, but the best way to ensure I will delete the mail ASAP is add the lines "Send this to n number of people and..." (Fill the blanks with anything). I am a tempter of fate, and I proudly attribute the fact that I am single, the girl(s?) I love have never called me, I have never got any Good News (note the caps) in under 5 minutes etc. to the fact that I never forward such mails.

Ok, to the point... I get two forwards from an acquaint. on Orkut today, the first a general one with the usual reminder and the other one stating that "Mumbai ICSE books mention Bhagat Singh etc. as terrorists" (Please to check, I doubt this highly). What got my goat about this was the last line in the mail said, "Please be a good Indian, and forward this to everybody instead of sending the usual love/fun forwards"

I guess this is one of the moments for Savepoint, right?

15 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Ohhh such forwards are nuisance. I neither believe nor forward such mails.
But your way of saying things with a flavour of recipe.. maan gaye :)

Keshi said...

I loathe those FWds that say plz forward this or u'll die or u'll find love or u'll have $1 million in ur pocket. yeah right.

Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw I like the coffee idea...ty! :)

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Thanks for the appre. Try the recipie, its good for a change.

@Keshi: I know I have overused the coffee stuff, but I just got it... The recipie has coffee, chocolate and ice-cream. *Evil laugh* But still, it actually tastes good.

@Cuckoo and Keshi: Don't be so negative, some fwds are definitely worth reading... The nuisance part comes when everybody you know starts fwding the same one (I got one mail at least 7 times, just goes to show what people can do to get a phone call from their beloved in 10 min or less)

Keshi said...

yep...alot of ppl r desperate these days..lol!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: So, that doesn't work? There goes my last chance :(

Cuckoo said...

Oh, I am not averse of such mails. I always read them before forwarding or deleting.

But I hate it when they ask us to forward. For God's sake, let us decide whom or whether we want the mail to be forwarded or not.

LOL@your last chance ;)

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: I know, freedom of choice and all... Not fair emotionally blackmailing us. Like yesterday I got a beautiful forward, which I was about to send when I read the dreaded "Send this to..." line at the end, and just deleted it. Can't stand that line.
And I wasn't joking about the last chance...

Keshi said...

hell na i read em...but I dun FW em all :)

lol!

Keshi.

Cuckoo said...

Can't stand that line...
Yeah, exactly Amey,
And that puts us off. Even if we want to fwd it, we stop ourselves from doing it.

@Last Chance:Lage Raho.. :)) Bhagwan ke ghar der hai, andher nahi.

Cuckoo said...

Sorry for calling you Amey.

Amey said...

@Keshi: That's better. There's one forward going around which tells people why you shouldn't forward. Got that one anytime?

@Cuckoo: No probs with calling me Amey, as long as you know its fleiger typing here ;) Now I wonder...
And that reminds me, I got a bone or two to pick with Bhagwan...

Keshi said...

haha na!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: It's the same thing as the one I was posting about... People, at least read (and prefereably think) what you are forwarding...

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Thanks... try the coffee-icecream. And will definitely forward you something when I get it on orkut.