Friday, September 22, 2006

Nostalgic....

Remember the days


  • When watching a movie on VCR was a special event?

  • When Aamir Khan was a chocolate Hero?

  • When every boy dreamed of dancing in slow motion in tea farms?

  • When cycle races were popular even though nobody had learned about Tour de France?



Yes, I recently got "Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar"...


And while we are nostalgic, does anybody remember the antics of a soldier (who didn't know the WWI was over for 20 years) and his buddy? Or what "hornophobia" or "hornmania" is? And how to milk a "G-O-Oat... Goat"?




P.S. If anybody got the references in last para, you are a person after my own heart...

4 comments:

SiD said...

no idea abt the last para..
but ya the jo jeeta vohi sikander was indeed special..
our school took us to show in a theatre..
and after school... each and every one was seeing racing on cycles....
i remember overtaking an archaic autorickshaw and feeling like Amir khan!! hahaha
nostalgic indeeed

Amey said...

@Sid: I remember watching "Jo Jeeta..." with my cousins. We were literally flying for days.
The last para? Use Google if you want. Treasures await...

Keshi said...

no idea abt the last para.

I rem those days...lol and look at us now?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: I know... I would love to go back and watch all those movies with my cousins again (we had summer breaks then :D)