Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bollywood Bites XIII

a.k.a. Not just bites, it hurts...


OK people, as you know, I promised, and tried to keep my promise (but I failed). Now Bollywood has pushed me over the edge...

Remember the so-called "Wedding of The Century"? The event where media bombarded us with the weirdest and most unimportant "news" and "specials"? Where the event occupied so much of the screen time that anything else was drowned out?


If all the spotlight (and unnecessary information) was not enough, in true tradition of Bollywood (read: rare movies based on original subjects), the "event" has inspired a movie, which has pushed me to break my promise, yet again.

The only reason I could watch the movie would be if the originals play their screen characters. I am steering light-years away from any theatre showing the movie with the imitations... I dare to ask what information/storyline/events which we don't already know will make the movie interesting.


And this is a week where Bollywood not just bites me, it irks me no end... I guess putting the word "Gandhigiri" on notice was not enough. I am now starting a worldwide protest to ban the word altogether. And I am sure to get the followers in all the people who have watched/known about the great play known as "Gandhi vs. Gandhi" and the great actors who starred in it.


P.S. Find more Bollywood Bites here...


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

SiD said...

WOW!! thats some News.. or Bite I should say...
A movie on the wedding... ya how we would have loved to see the originals playing their part...

And yes... though I have no objection to the word Gandhigiri as such but in this case it is certainly not appropriately used...

Amey said...

@Sid: Hmm, I wonder what the movie will contain which we have not already seen umpteen times on every news channel...

though I have no objection to the word Gandhigiri as such but in this case it is certainly not appropriately used...
My point exactly... I want to ban the word just so people stop misusing it.

Anonymous said...

Oh god! i thought that is Gandhigirl like Keshigirl lol
wat does -giri mean??
he looks cool in that pic ;)

Amey said...

@Nikichan: "-giri" suffix would mean something like "act of" maybe...
To give you an example, Gundagiri (the original word, which "sparked" gandhigiri) means acting like a criminal/bully or the act (gunda=criminal/bully).