Monday, July 30, 2007

Deja Boo(k)

Has it ever happened to you that you start reading a book, and with each line you feel like you have read this earlier?

Yes, it happened to me yesterday.


And since I knew that the book didn't start with content copied from any other book, I was faced with only 2 choices:


  1. I have started forgetting the books I have read already (as I could not remember the name of the book with similar content I had read earlier). Looks like Carl Sagan is right.

  2. Ergo, I have started getting old (and here I am, still single).


Luckily, before I fried my brain worrying about this, I realised that I was reading the book again, and I hadn't gone past the prologue last time (which should give you the idea why I promptly forgot about the book).

I am so happy to be still young.

11 comments:

Keshi said...

**Yes, it happened to me yesterday.

cud it be cos ur reading HP for the 100th time? LOL!

Keshi.

Cuckoo said...

No, it hasn't happened with me till date.

So, I should also say
"I am so happy to be still young.". :P

Amey said...

@Keshi: Like anyone will believe that... Once you read HP, you don't forget it.

---------------------------------
@Cuckoo: I guess you are young in book land ;)

Keshi said...

haha!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

im getting old and single too lol
but i dont feel Deja Boo(k) lolol
maybe Deja Movie sometimes...
happy weekend!!

Anonymous said...

forgot.
you are tagged!! lol

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Deja movie? Great. Do you get Bollywood movies there regularly?

I saw your "8 things" tag... will take it up soon.

Anonymous said...

yaaay! thanks for taking my tag :)
oh i dont get them regulary. know only one shop selling bollywood dvd's.

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Oh... that's bad. And your favourite Amisha Patel hasn't starred in any movies lately, has she?

Booklogged said...

I hate to admit but I get deja book and deja movie, but then I'm getting pretty old AND I'm married. Those two facts account for a lot!

Amey said...

@Booklogged: Now you are just frightening me... I mean, I won't (like to) call quarter of a century old, but I am planning to get married one day.