Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Went, I Saw, Me Likeee....

While the countdown timer at the top of this blog was at 00 days, 06 hrs downwards, I was in a theatre standing in a really long line waiting to get my popcorns and drink.

But wait, that's not what this post is about... The reason I was in the multiplex was that I had got a seat in fourth row from the front.

OK, I am going to get this straight this time. The movie I watched is "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".


Well, the full review will be up tomorrow. But, initial comments:

  • I liked it. Most of the time.

  • As you all know, they have changed the story a bit, which might make a die-hard fan squirm in his seat once in a while. But then, how else can you fit the gigantic book in a 138 min long movie?

  • Dumbledore continues his GoF streak. Most of the time.

More about it, tomorrow...

Till then, if you don't know who is Harry Potter (seriously?) or you love Harry Potter (now, that's more like it), read this. And seriously, there's no third type there.

Update: The review is now up here.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

12 comments:

Keshi said...

Feliger u know Im not a fan of HP so is there any other blog of ur's where I can take part? LOL!

Anyways glad u enjoyed it. :)

Keshi.

Amey said...

My dear Keshi, do read the first chapter of the first book. Then you will also be a fan, will read all the books, and won't feel left out, I promise :D

Anonymous said...

funny keshichan lol
i bought Prisoner of Azkaban. will watch today :)
they gave me a large poster too. but Harry is pointing a knife at me and im scared to see it.
happy weekend, fleigerchan!!

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Do watch Prisoner of Azkaban. The book is one of the best in the series, and even the movie is pretty good :D
Is he pointing a knife or a wand at you?

Joy Forever said...

I too agree that Dumbledore is acting somewhat over-agitated since GoF. And I would have liked to see those face/offs between Umbridge and McGonagall and a little more of the OWLs. Otherwise the movie is OK.

I love your line "Till then, if you don't know who is Harry Potter (seriously?) or you love Harry Potter (now, that's more like it), read this. And seriously, there's no third type there." Nice review.

Anonymous said...

that is a sharp knife like a swiss army :)
thank u i will watch it!!!

Amey said...

@Joy forever: True, McGonall vs Umbridge would really have been fun (the one occasion they clash in the movie is also good). I am not so sure about OWLs, since they don't take story-line much farther, except the Astronomy one, which they took out completely.

Thanks for the praise. I really think anybody who "knows" Harry Potter loves it ;)

----------------------------------
@Nikichan: Swiss Knife? I don't remember if there is such a scene in the movie or not.

Keshi said...

Im sure thats what it is..cos I havent read a single HP book yet. I will try to get hold of one soon :) tnxx Fleiger!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

awww u are right!!
it was a wand lol
sorry fleiger-chan! u are a real potter mania..

Amey said...

@Keshi: Now that's more like it... Tell you by experience, never reject a book series without trying it a bit at least.

Do check out the reviews of all HP books on my other blog.

------------------------------------
@Nikichan: Not maniac... I was just assuming that being a children's (or at least YA) book/movie series, HP is hardly likely to carry a knife ;)

Cuckoo said...

Ohhh When will you stop coaxing your readers here to read that silly HP ? :P
At least I am not going to fall for it.

But I do see some crazy creatures like you around me. :(

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Remember, it is a cardinal sin for a bibliophile to judge a book by its cover, and you are judging it without even looking at it.

And if I am crazy, I am in company of at least 8.3 million people, including the likes of Stephen King. And that's just first 24 hours sales for Deathly Hallows in US.