Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fount of Knowledge Part VII

a.k.a. Politics is...


Something I read yesterday made me realise the true meaning of the word "political":

Asking somebody something politically (or, being political) means asking the person a question exactly opposite in meaning than what you want to ask.


I mean, if you want to ask somebody about age (or rather, old age), you would ask/mention how young that person looks. Mentioning that somebody is lying through his/her teeth would take the 'hopeful' form, "That can't be right, can it?" Now that I mentioned it, I think you can now think of more such instances, right? (And that's not a political question, so feel free to answer it).

Now that I have seen the light, I know why ignorant people are disappointed when the political promises (especially those made on the eve of election) are never fulfilled.



P.S. When I ask you to comment on my blogs, that is also not "political" request, it is real.

9 comments:

SiD said...

Tomm I am going to ask my teacher - "How are you able to hold the attention of the class for 3 hours????"

Amey said...

@Sid: Now that's what I meant when I told you people to comment...

Keep them coming...

P.S. Do remember that you run a risk of hearing a lecture for 3 more hours on how to hold attention of the class...

Anonymous said...

im not going to election.
it makes me sick!

Keshi said...

:) its true isnt it?

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Nikichan: But if everybody says like you said, how will it change?

------------------------------------
@Keshi: Unfortunately, yes. Sometimes I think Bureaucratese is better...

Cuckoo said...

LOL@your answer to SiD.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Experience is the best teacher, they say... ;)

Anonymous said...

absolutely lol
experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
-by oscar wilde :P

Amey said...

@Nikichan: That too... But my version sounds a lot better, since talking about your own mistakes is not favourable unless you are a celebrity. Then it is "cute". ;)