Saturday, October 07, 2006

Weird Day for My Blog

Today was a crazy day for my blog. Bored at work, I decided to make some invisible changes to my blog(s). Unfortunately, I hadn't counted on the PC account having no administrative privileges and no pop ups allowed. Worst of all, there was no Firefox installed, so I had to work on IE.

So, there I was, jumping between 3-4 IE windows at a time (since no pop up links anywhere work), trying to cope with IE's habit of jumping to wrong window at wrong time and putting all the text you enter directly to address bar. Believe me, it is not good for your BP to enter some complicated thing in (you think) a text box, and on hitting enter, come face to face with 404 page or some weird sites with weirdest URLs.

All in all, the effect was à la the headless chicken getting in the way of the bull in china shop...

Luckily, being a software engineer, I had taken a backup of my template(s), and so, I am glad to see that everything is back in line now, with the changes which I finally succeeded in making having caused no major problems.

Living on the cutting edge of technology causes some nasty cuts ;)

4 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Tch Tch poor Fleiger.
On a serious note - I want some help from you about Beta. One question at a time.
Can we see the templates of Beta before trying to shift? so that we can decide if we want to retain the older template or want a new one?
Is it possible?

Amey said...

@LJ: I am poor :( At least, I was yesterday...
Anyways, if you want to preview the template before applying... once you shift to Beta, there is a link called "Layout" on your dashboard for each blog. It basically takes you to "Template" part in classic blogger settings. There, you have "Pick New Template" link. Go to that link, and click on "Preview Template" below any template you like. When you find a good one, click "Save Template" and voilà, you are done.

Cuckoo said...

Arre, that I know yaar. I wanted to see the templates even before entering the arena of Beta b'coz once I enter there, I can't come back to this blogger.
Fired a query in google's help but what I got there is not worthwhile.

Amey said...

Oh, I am not sure about this, but I think there are no new templates in Beta. I guess they just have added other features like easier layout customization and all. Otherwise the layouts are all the same as classis blogger as far as I remember...