Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Update...

Haven't commented on any blogs for last 2 days, finished replying to comments on my blogs after 2 days today. Have a tag pending (on pain of getting frozen). But then, let's just say that last 2 days have not been the best days in my life, and leave it at that. Something like what happened to this fellow, though not the same reason or occasion:


I swear on my iPod and vaio (taking a leaf out of Silverine's book) I will finish the tag and comment on all blogs over the weekend (which hopefully starts Friday).

Till then, some of the things I learnt at my bio lab today


  • Killing 100 honeybees, and cutting them in 3 parts (head, thorax and abdomen) on a table of 4 (you do that math per person) is somehow soothing, and makes for a lot of fun when nobody is stung.

  • Either I am very good with scalpel or I am a genocidal maniac. I did more than my share of cutting.

  • Crushing 100 bee thoraxes in a mortar is gross. And while we are at it, my friends who are ayurveda doctors are going to kill me when they hear what I used their patented mortar and pestle for...

  • That said, last but not the least, I can have a bottle of potassium cyanide sitting on my table, and avoid the urge to use it to create some scene รก la some Agatha Christie novel.

13 comments:

Keshi said...

ok now I cant watch that video from work, so tell me what happened? Rem the ghostess has large ears...

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Oh, the video is about how a man's wedding day was ruined... you have to watch it at home to get.
About me? I would have given a scare to any ghostess for last 2 days. Those were not my days, to say the least.
BTW, read your great posts, and will comment over weekend, promise...

SiD said...

learning that ur days were.. er..bad..
I only hope u didnt get any test results in these 2 days :)

Have a rocking diwali...

Cuckoo said...

Video.. later. Was there any queen bee to give you a soothing effect? :P

Good that your getting a break from bees. Hmmm You have plenty to do this weekend.
Wish you a very busy Diwali. I wonder what you going to do?

SiD said...

BTW the video not working.. it goes only till "you may kiss the bride".. "nice one" ;)

Keshi said...

hey u dun need to promise to comment in my blog :):)

anyways I hope ur feeling better now. I wasnt at my best either 2 ago. But I cant be sad for too long. Im a go-go girl so I have to be up and running and laughing and wutnot :)

Hope u have a great Diwali!
Keshi.

Keshi said...

** 2 days ago

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Yes, we had to get mitochondria from flight muscle of bees and change the color of the dye... all in all, it was fun experiment. And we got to see some very good special effects when we put dry ice in water :)

@Sid: Nope, no exams currently, which is lucky. Same to you...
regards video, looks like a common prob. But you will get the link to this in the videos page in my other post.

@Cuckoo: Queen bee? How would that soothe me? And about diwali, I guess the most we will do is cook some paneer butter masala, and leave it at that... can't do anything else, can I now?

@Keshi: Same to you... yes, I am feeling much better now, me too can't be tense for too long a time. Having a coffee and blueberry muffin right now :)

Keshi said...

great to hear that :)

Now whats the tag u were saying abt?

And FINALLY I took up Niki's and ur's tag LOL!

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: The tag is on my other blog. Go, do it... Did you see the videos?

Keshi said...

ok tnxxx :)

na I neva got time to log in from home :( not yet!

Keshi.

ketki said...

oh so that was a bad time u had

Amey said...

@Keshi: Take some time, you will enjoy it. About a wedding, you know ;)

@Nikichan: Not me, my teacher...

@Ketki: No, not for that reason. But had a bad time all the same.