Friday, April 27, 2007

Newsblast #5

aka Archis Ke Karname...



I am very happy that soon we will be reading about Archis, and his friends Basanti, Nikita, Jagdish and Motu. Basanti and Nikita will be wearing sarees, Jagdish will be munching idlis and Motu will play cricket.



Now that's what I call "Indianization".





Now, I have some more suggestions to make the conversion complete. For starters, Jagdish would be better off eating vada-pav rather than idlis (hey, idli is supposed to have some nutritional value). Archis should roam around on a 1980-ke jamaane ki scooter or better still, luna if not a Hercules cycle (nick-named ghoda). Cricket players are not as stereotypically dumb as football players, so I think Motu will be better off playing boxing/wrestling. Or else he will have to be a bit more clever.



And I like the idea of girls in junior colleges wearing sarees (they should even wear pallus over their heads according to our culture), but I am starting an on-line petition to ensure that the Basanti and Nikita will tie rakhees on Archis' wrist on Raksha-bandhan to ensure that it does not violate our culture. No Valentine's Day celebrations for them...





5 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Good that I am not Basanti or Nikita :P

Anonymous said...

wow ive never seen Archie comics in japan..
lucky indians-chan!!

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: Why so?

@Nikichan: Let's see what comics we get in India finally. What are your favourite comics?

Anonymous said...

my fav is casper!!(^-^)b
have u seen it??

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Casper the ghost? Yes... he is a nice one :D