Sunday, March 25, 2007

This Week by Fleiger

Planning to make this into a weekly series, where you can get information about the changes I've made on my blogs in that week and other interesting happenings. So, without further ado,

*introductory music*


  • Template Changes: As I said before, I have changed both of my blogs into 3-column templates and introduced "post-summary". Also, details of the recent comments will be shown in sidebar from now on. The results are awaited. For other changes, check this post out.

  • Request: I'm still not completely satisfied with the current template. Any suggestions for a nice templates, where I can put the "Contact info", "Top of..." etc. in a prominent position?


*Commercial break*

  • Jasoos series: The series continues to grow. I have also added that links to the series in my "I wrote..." page.Detective

  • Poll: Do you think adding links to websites or Wikipedia articles about the detectives in the series would be better? If yes, please to vote in the poll in left sidebar or leave a comment.

  • Tops: The "Top Of..." section is proving to be interesting. I didn't know that the top 2 articles in my main blog contribute about 7% of the entire traffic on my blog. So as I said, even though there is a stiff competition between those two, they have left others far behind, which means there will be very few changes at the "Top".


*Special music*

  • Coming up: My main blog's second b'day is coming up. Any suggestions for a nice gift to a 2-yr old blog?Present




- For I am The Great Eagle...

8 comments:

Keshi said...

**My main blog's second b'day is coming up. Any suggestions for a nice gift to a 2-yr old blog?


pampers :):)

Keshi.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

errr .... didnt understand the "bookmark" link .. what is that ?

Amey said...

@Keshi: But 2 yrs in blog-years is like 7 human years or something. Cannot gift pampers to a teen can I (though I can pamper him/her with gifts)? ;)

@Deepa: These sites like Digg, del.icio.us, Google bookmarks allow you to bookmark posts/webpages you like (like IE/Firefox bookmarks), and you can access them from anywhere using your account.

SiD said...

well.. hope to learn some new things every week from your initiative.

and 2nd birthday!! uff.. tuff to decide on the gifts... considering the blog is mature enuff...how abt a a hot poster of pamela anderson for the blog to put in his bedroom!!

Cuckoo said...

When is the B'day ?

Huh ? 2 posts in a single day ? Are you total idle these days ?

I also wanted to put that snap thing & top posts since at least a month or so but.. :(

I think I'll ask you for help.

Amey said...

@Sid: Hope so... Given my history, it might well be "This Month..."
Pamela Anderson? Why not make it desi and have Mallika Sherawat (imagine me giving a Ehsaan Qureshisqe jhatka to my neck while saying that)? But I guess he will already have it hidden somewhere ;) Right?

@Cuckoo: 3 posts in 2 days including both blogs. The secret is Desi Detectives series is one step ahead on Desicritics, and so I just need to change a line or two to post here. And the posts on Talons don't take more than 10 min to write ;)
In short, yes, I do have work, but feel free to ask for help.

Keshi said...

7yrs is not teens :)

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: (7 * 2) is... This will be second b'day of the blog :D