Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Deathly Hallows Covers Announced...

UPDATE:changed some points based on comments

Probably the second biggest news of this year (of course, the biggest was when the date of publication was announced)... The covers for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" are out.








(For those not able to see the images: Check this post out.)Wizard 4

My Thoughts?


  1. The locket on the adult UK edition is definitely Slytherin's (so it is a horcrux). We haven't "seen" any other horcrux. So why this?

  2. The UK children's version shows Hogwarts (think so) at the back. So Hogwarts should make at least a guest appearance, despite what the "jacket description" says (or does not say, to be precise).

  3. The "jacket description" does not mention anything about the quest. In fact, I guess this is the least informative jacket ever seen on Harry Potter books.

  4. Why is Ron Dobby (at least I don't think any other house-elf will help Harry so much) holding The Sword? Is the sword a horcrux after all? If not, where did they get it from and why? And why none of them are wearing school robes? Is the thing they are "spilling" from "Helga's cup"? (Looks like it, doesn't it?)

  5. What is Prongs doing on the jacket?

  6. The US Childrens' edition cover is highly interesting. The person Harry is facing must be is (confirmed by Scholastic) Lord Voldemort. The scenery looks almost like an arena (given the arrangement behind them) or a stage (given the drapes on two sides). Is that the "Veil Room" again? (I know the last confontration is expected to happen in Godric's Hollow, but the background doesn't look like any house to me, that's why...) Are the odd shadows in the background death-eaters? Given their expressions, is Harry "accio"ing something?



Given the history of Harry Potter on this blog, I am pretty sure this will be the end of discussion here. So please prove me wrong, and I beg all the hidden Harry Potter fans to comment...


- For I am The Great Eagle...

P.S. For more on Harry Potter, check my review of the series.

11 comments:

Keshi said...

me not a HP fan...I think I said that b4 :)

Keshi.

Neihal said...

I am at the right place...
Okay let me read the whole review...I'll be back then. :D

Every time I think about this book....a part of me is sad...no more waiting for next harry potter book....the wait used to be long but I loved all the excitement and finally getting the book in my hand...

SiD said...

saanu taan harry PUTTAR hi pata hai... ae Harry potter kaun hai ;)

Amey said...

@Keshi: Not you, but I am in minority on this blog on that point :(

@Neihal: Finally... You know, around 1 billion fans of The Series and not one of them in my readers... I was beginning to despair you know. So you are doubly welcome here...
You can expect more posts as the summer goes on :)
It is sad, but we will still have movies to get us by...

@Sid: ki gal kar rahe ho papaji? taenu Harry Potter nahi pata? (Bas itna hi punjabi likh sakta hoon) Link par click karo yaar...

Keshi said...

hehe :)

Keshi.

Neihal said...

Thanku thanku :D

I will be looking forward to all those posts. :)

SiD said...

hehe.. good one fleiger(punjabi)..
well harry puttar doesn't really interest me much...
btw I have tagged you(the one which I got from cuckoo)
The hunter is the hunted this time! :)

Amey said...

@Keshi:
But the "Light" is growing...

@Neihal:
Sure... meanwhile, I would love to have your comments on the series and the covers... Post, post, post, post!!!

@Sid:
That's why I am trying to increase the "awareness" of general public towards the path of "Light" ;)
I know about the tag... That is next in line after one more tag.

Anonymous said...

oh i like that actor of harry puttar! :D
gotta see this movie when it is released. thank u!!

Amey said...

@Nikichan: you like Dan Radcliffe? Hmm.... Search on google images for "Equus" and you will get something nice ;)

Anonymous said...

Equus? muah muah muah lololol
hes got soo much body hair!!! im shocked!!
thank u million, fleiger-chan!