Saturday, March 17, 2007

Re-Mona, Re-Lilly and so on...

Karamchand got new Kitty (OK, that does not prove my point, let me try again…) Loyan will get a new Mona Darling and not-silly Lilly (Will get? Still not the point, so let me start again…) Don got new Anita, and Kamini too (Finally…). Gabbar is going to watch a new “Mehbooba”. So I thought it better to get myself a 1985 (ke aas-pass) ka latest model (Calculate the age, then you will get it)…


Now that I have stretched the “Vamp-Revamp” metaphor to it’s limit (and some miles beyond that), let me tell you what I meant to say is that I have revamped my blogs.


  1. 3–column template: Now, I don’t want to brag… Oh, who am I kidding, I want to brag: it took me about 30 minutes… for both my blogs… including 2 min coffee break… and some remodeling to get it just right.

  2. Peekaboo: Every post on the blog will have a small post summary visible, which will let me put more posts on the home page and let people read any post they like out of that. Which should help me improve my “advertising” skills and (at least in theory) give me more “hits” (the hits have gone down in last 2–3 days). This was prompted by somebody telling me a typical person spends not more than 96 seconds on any page reading.

  3. Babel fish: So that you can see my blog in Japanese, Nikichan, among other languages (but don’t tell me if something is wrong, I don’t know Japanese)

  4. Top Posts: Both my blogs have links to Top 5 posts on the blog (“Eagle’s Top Thoughts” and “Top on Talons”), which will be updated every week. (But some posts are way ahead of competition, so don’t expect too many changes in coming weeks)



Coming soon:

  • I have updated the list of books and series I have read in “My Book Reviews” list, and the links will be updated as and when I finish the reviews.

  • The “Detective” series goes on…

  • There will be some polls on the blogs which will let you (my readers) tell me which book review you would like me to write. (Or maybe a “Coming Soon” list till then)

  • I am looking for ideas to improve “Book(?)…err Scale” and its use.



Any more ideas for me to plan a grand party for my main blog’s coming second b’day?



- For I am The Great Eagle...

P.S. Try saying “Re-Lilly” fast out loud 10 times

12 comments:

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

:DDD

Mona Darling is back , is she ?

SiD said...

@peekaboo: i read somewhere that number of clicks is inversely propotional to the interest of the user...
that was regarding a normal website.. dont know if the same law applies to the blog too..

Amey said...

@Deepa: No, Mona Darling needs a Loyan to tell him where to sleep and that's why the strike-out.

I wanted a "vamp", and there is no famouser vamp than Mona Darling (except maybe Silly-Lilly)

@Sid: If that is so, I have marofied a kulhadi on my legs... :(

But I was hoping that seeing more number of posts without much scrolling would let people have more choice for reading (and consequently commenting)

Keshi said...

Nice new template and some cool changes to ur blog!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

oH MY!!!!
Fleiger-chan hugzzzzzzz lololol
thank u thank u for babel fish!!

Cuckoo said...

Ha Ha.. I did that loudly w/o faltering...
Re-lilly Re-lilly..

Well, I am not into all this. i.e. increasing hit rate etc.
Not bothered though ppl are asking me to put how much worth my blog is & all that. But NO.

Amey said...

@Keshi: Thanks... More changes coming up...

@Nikichan: Is the translation right?

@Cuckoo: Not just twice... try and say it 20-30 times, fast, without stopping, out loud...
And some artists crave public adoration err... attention ;)

SiD said...

Well.. it is kulhadi or flowers time will tell..
keep us updated abt the After effects :)

Keshi said...

wud u be adding Music? cos I'd like to see what kinda music u like.

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Sid: Sure, I will post the "Before" and "After" graphs soon ;)

@Keshi: Not music, people hate it when they are caught reading blogs in office ;)

Cuckoo said...

I would also like to read the graphs.

Ha Ha.. People should be caught then.

I don't like when people waste their office time to read/update blogs. Though I have changed as per your 'tip' (it was in pause mode till 2 posts back), I'll again change it when I am in mood. Let them switch off the speakers.

I knew beforehand that it is going to create problems for those who instead of working do blog-hopping.

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: I used that example because that is the biggest demographic. But there are some other "innocent" people too, who are affected by that. Actually, this problem was raised in one of the forums I visit, by a mother who bloghopped while her small kids were sleeping, and she said the first thing people do is to close the page, because that is fastest way to shut off the noise.

As for the graphs, they are not too encouraging at this point.