Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Holmes, I Ain't...

... but then, I don't need to be...





OK guys, work with me here, and tell me if I am jumping at conclusions here.



Imagine the scene... You are helping some people who are moving, and your job includes (and is limited to) making sure the boxes are being piled correctly in the truck. Which means you have a lot of time on your hands to roam around in the colony. So... well, you roam around looking at all these garage doors.



And then, you notice that one of the garage doors has a keypad lock. Before you can say MI (or any other sci-fi movie name for that matter), you notice it is not exactly the best of protection.





For one thing, you notice the digits 2, 4 and 5 have been erased beyond recognition (of course, with what I can only assume to be the "Enter" key), while all other keys are... there's no way of putting it delicately, in pristine condition.



And before you can say 6 tries max (yes, 3 digits can have only that much combinations) before you hit the jackpot, you notice that you are standing in front of building with apartment number XX238-XX252.



Now, I think you get what I mean when I say that you don't need to be Holmes to crack this one...



6 comments:

Keshi said...

I'd have to be LOL!

Keshi.

alosh said...

everyone knows the way. only a few walk it. :D

did you???

(recently i've turned really anti social and takes a lot of interest in intruding privacy :D )

Amey said...

@Keshi: Thankss...

@Alosh: Anti-social? Not my style. I am more of mathematics guy: The solution exists, I am off to bed ;)
So, whose privacy you've invaded lately?

alosh said...

ohh.. there is this neighbor of ours who tried to do a piggy back on my wireless network and the guy who was sitting in front of me at skyline texting his girlfriend.

hehe

Anonymous said...

read this post.
but im dumb, cant get u as usual(^o^);;;

Amey said...

@Alosh: Yes, somebody texting his/her gf/bf is a definite temptation, I know ;)


@Nikichan: Read it again nikichan. It is easy actually.