Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bollywood Bites X

a.k.a. "Whoa" indeed...

If my eyes are not deceiving me (and I don't have a reason to believe they are), there's only one conclusion to be drawn from this: Not content with attacking our eardrums, The Nose is out to annihilate the English language now.

What else can explain the title (I hope that's how it's spelled even now) of his Moviee (believe me, that's not misspelled)?


At first glance, I think the title is wrecking havoc among the english vowels. I frankly believe the vowels were out there playing hide-and-seek when the movie title was chosen. Or maybe, they were trying to hide from his singing when they were caught and thrown mercilessly on the poster. Or maybe, the other alphabets have risen against "e" for being the most common alphabet.

Maybe it is time to launch a worldwide drive to save the vowels and get them their rightful places among words. Society for Promotion of Vowelish Welfare anyone?

In any case, the title along with the pictures make me believe that The Nose is out to fight the English language in a ye olde Bajaj auto. Beware Bond, and don't forget to stock up on your earplugs (noise-cancelling earphones would work too).

P.S. Click here for rest of "Bollywood Bites" series.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Neihal said...

a spelling torture :P

and you have been tagged.
Now drag urself to my blog and you ll know. :D

SiD said...

hehehe..
vaise to in the current sms generation, focus is on elmnting d vwls but ab kya karen.. himess will be himess..
I like his songs but I am really not sure I will be going out to watch the movie unless some good reviews are heard (which I believe will be hard to come by)

Amey said...

@Neihal: Seriously, and the trend is continuing... More and more people are trying to wreck out english, so many in fact that I am of the mind to call it "Third War of Independence" (1857, 1942 and now 2000s)

I saw the tag. Will do it asap :D

------------------------------------
@Sid: Seriously, that's why I am proposing the SPVW. I guess it is time to put up some membership forms.

Well, what with Bajaj autos driving on autobahns and the name, I seriously shudder to think of the movie.

SeePearrl said...

spell checkers might improve...we shud try playing more of it :P
how areyou budddy! long time!

Amey said...

@White Forest: Spell-checkers? The only reason I didn't mention the whole name of the moviee is that my spell-checker just went on strike when I typed the thing, and refused to come back online till I removed the offensive material. Before it started instigating grammer checker and burning the buses in my laptop, I gave in.