Friday, May 04, 2007

Life Is Weird

Harry Potter fans know Imelda Staunton as Her Pinkness Dolores Umbridge, The High Inquisitor. For all non-Harry Potter fans (really people, when will you see The Light?), she (Umbridge, not Staunton) is a nasty, prejudiced disciplinarian, who does things like shown in the video below:



(sorry for the voice, or rather lack of it)

Which is why it is weird when you suddenly come across her (Staunton, not Umbridge) acting as DSI Julie Enfield (more about her later) on BBC, where she takes "private lessons" from a handsome chef in one episode (radio drama = full vocalization *ahem*), and is heard karaoke-ing (that's a word) in another. It's like having your HoD walk in the college canteen and start taking about "Successful Proxy Techniques". In a word, "That's weird"...

And talking about weird, remember when the garden hose you use has something jammed in it, then you start the water and after some time, the jammed thing suddenly flies out of the pipe? My headphones are like that pipe.

Yesterday, I was listening to some things while sitting in library. After a while, I packed my laptop, disconnected the headphones and connected them to my i-pod. Suddenly, after 5 minutes I heard *ting-ding* in my headphones, the sound whose source could only have been me disconnecting my mouse from my laptop's USB port.

And then today, I selected the latest Julie Enfield mystery on my i-pod and left for school. Halfway there, I heard the sounds the scroll-wheel of i-pod makes through the headphones. The weird thing is, my i-pod was locked since I left my room.



11 comments:

Neihal said...

amazing headphones you have,eh?

And me wants more Harry Potter clips and posts, just as u promised, where are they!!!!

:D

Anonymous said...

aww u made me love harry poter..
i want laptop and amazing headphone and i-pod too lol

Keshi said...

OMG HP again :)

Keshi.

Amey said...

@Neihal: Yes, my headphones are true technological marvel. Or maybe, it is the FM receiver/remote in the middle which snags some sounds ;)
More videos will be coming up soon. Did you watch the international trailer of OoTP?


@Nikichan: Good for you... Do read Harry Potter in english (even though you will get it in Japanese too)
You were going to get a laptop, right?


@Keshi: Yes, it is HP again... and there's more where that came from ;)

Neihal said...

Where is the link?????

humph!!!!

Amey said...

@Neihal: Here's the link:

http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Harry-Potter-Order-of-Phoenix/1808475612;_ylt=AjLC87ycyAgn4d7_dKwJh1BfVXcA

The video embedded in the blog is a part of international trailer too :D

Waiting for your comments on the trailer.

Anonymous said...

awww i cant decide to buy a laptop. they are hell expensive lol
thanking u and happy weekend ameyoko-chan!!!

Neihal said...

Finally, I could watch the trailor, Looks good...and over the years I have come to like Snape a little, dunno why. :D

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Do buy one, then u can start blogging again.
How was your weekend?

@Neihal: You like Snape? Well, many girls do like him.

Neihal said...

Well, many girls do like him.

Humph!!

What has gender gotta do wid it. Huh??
:P

But seriously I think the guy who plays Snape's part in the movie does manage evoke disgust and hatred, like in the trailor. I meant I like his performance. :)

And when you say lots of Girls like him, please talk abt Eric Bana not Snape. :P

Amey said...

@Neihal: Well, taken a random sample of population, more girls like him than boys. Of course, the actor playing Snape being such a good one has contributed a lot to that too (same is the case for Draco and Lucius Malfoys). For me, even if Snape dives in front of an incoming Avada Kedavra for Harry, he will always be the Snivellus ;)