Saturday, August 26, 2006

Why Us?

When we were in 9th std., the school syllabus underwent a major change, and a lot of new things were included. And we were condemned to learn different types of domestic animals like bulls, cows, buffaloes, dinosaurs... (OK, maybe not dinosaurs).

Everybody learns types of vitamins, we learnt the diseases caused by lack and excess of it. Though that led to muchos fun... we had a friend, whom we used to stare at whenever teacher described a new disease, like he was a prime sample.

Anyways, to get back to the point (yes, there's a point to this post), after seeing one whole batch of student struggling with the animal lists (I mean, the students in city knew the difference between Buffalo and cow, not different types of them), the architecture of stables (we started with what is this thing) and the trauma caused by exposure to a lot of diseases at an impressionable age to us (we were not all going to be doctors you know), the whole part was dropped for next batch, and they went on with a reduced, healthy syllabus.

Now, the reason for my sudden bout of nostalgia (and nausea), is this post, and subsequent developments on that front. I mean, we used a few of our ever-decreasing memory storage for memorising the 9 planets, and now the next generation has need to only remember names of 8 (7 if this goes ahead).

Now that's what I call injustice...

6 comments:

Amey said...

@Nikichan: Let's see whether we get to keep neptune...
My first few posts were really crazy. Now I have just increased the size of posts. And incidently, I like the post I linked to in the blog, because that was written on my b'day.

Cuckoo said...

Tch Tch ...
Poor us..I agree with you, it always happens only with us, not a batch before not a batch after(well, mostly).
That brainy thing is scary but true. We have to live with it. :(

Amey said...

@Cuckoo: You know, the injustice started with our birth year, but I wouldn't tell you how.
I know... brain thing is true, unfortunately. I need external memory storage...

Keshi said...

haha I so know what u mean. UNFAIR is the word. I was tortured trying to rem the names of the 9 planets and also the names of various 'beri beri' kinda strange diseases due to vitamin deficiencies...duhhh!

**we had a friend, whom we used to stare at whenever teacher described a new disease, like he was a prime sample.

ROFL u guys r so mean!


Keshi.

Amey said...

@Keshi: I know... we could have easily put that memory to some good use. My friend is trying to search for a photo of the hottest girl in our class then to remind him of her face.

And mean? Oh yes, we were...beri beri mean :)

Keshi said...

lol @beri beri mean!

Keshi.