Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cue the M:I music

A real life conversation in my cubicle:

Collegue 1: I didn’t open the pdf. If it was “classified”, my hard disk would be scrubbed. I didn’t want to lose my data.

C2: Why would you lose your data if the file was marked secret?

C1: If I open a classified file on my computer, I have to go get my hard disk scrubbed.

C3: Oh, I thought if you open the file, it automatically formats your hard disk. Like in Mission: Impossible.

Me: Yeah, you open the file and it goes “Your hdd will be formatted in 5… 4… 3…”. That will be cool. And so scary. Not to mention, irritating.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this? Once the PDF file is opened, a message pops up that reads "Do you want to format your hard disk" with just an OK button below it...

that would be fun and scary and outright sick :)

Amey said...

@Iyer: Yeah, the way he was speaking, we seriously thought that there was some kind of official virus attached to pdf which formatted hdd when the file was opened on unauthorized PCs.