Monday, February 23, 2009

Billu Censored

We all know the fun times Censor Board brings us. The <PING> and <PEEEP> at strategic places have sometimes provided more entertainment than the actual dialog would provide. Kinda like how the fig leaf works, I guess. (I mean, we all know what naughty bits are covered there.)

e.g. Yesterday, I was watching Billu Barber. Now, we are all aware of the controversy created by the name, and how they solved it. And then I came across the song:

Billu se bada hajjaam naahi re
Saari duniya mein aisa kono naam naahi re (as heard on screen)

All this time, I was under the impression that they were applying layers and tonnes of maska to Billu in that song. Turns out, they were just going for some public roasting.

Like I told my friend, the song should have come with a P.S.: Knowledgeable persons should feel free to fill in the blanks.

And then I came acorss this:

Kisi raja maharaja ka raju raju kehke bulaoge ka?
Yeh Billua ko Hajjaam naahi
Barber keh kar bulaao
Barber aur voh bhi ijjat se
Billu Barber, samjhe ke naahi!

Priceless!

5 comments:

DewdropDream said...

There was a controversy? Why?

Cynic in Wonderland said...

actually the words should be completely randomly generated. more fun that way

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen you for a while and no sign of you here either. Is everything okay?

Amey said...

@DDD: Controversy was because the Hairdressers Association objected to the word "Barber" saying it is derogatory.

Randomly generated words? Mad-libs? :D

Been missing because I was on a long-awaited, well-earned (well, earned) leave to India :D

DewdropDream said...

:D I hope you had fun in India, glad to have you back! And honestly, hairdressers' Association?! People will make an issue of just ANYTHING nowadays!