Friday, April 10, 2009

Ye Dilli Hai Mere Yaar

Dilli (or Delhi for the English readers out there) for me, till now, is just a stop on my way to somewhere: An afternoon spent at the bus station on the way to Manali, a night and half-day spent on Hazrat Nizamuddin platform on the way back, when we missed our original train(It’s a long story: our bus was slow, and then the cops caught us for speeding. And that was just 2 events). And then an evening and night at the Indira Gandhi International airport when my flight to Paris was delayed by 6-7 hours. (Do you see a pattern here? Not sure, just checking…)

Not to mention the annual reports of airport closing due to fog, and the heat in summer.

So basically, Delhi 6 was a revelation for the ignorant me. Apart from many other things, I learnt that Dilli is a mehfil and a mastaanon ki basti (I should agree, if only from a foodie point of view. That aloo paratha and lassi was…).

But then I had another big surprise waiting for me today. Half-asleep, I plugged in my iPod in the bus, and the song started,

Iske baayein taraf bhi dil hai
Iske daayein taraf bhi dil hai

Never knew Dilli was a Time Lord. Now where’s that Doctor guy?

0 comments: